Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Birth of Our Blog

Finally. A blog. A blog just for Lindsey and I. Since we both have always wanted a blog, but were a little reserved when it came to sharing our thoughts online for others to read...we decided to have a blog together. I know I feel a whole lot better having someone to actually blog with. This idea of a Lindsey Blog was brought up in a conversation with Stephanie Hall. And so, here it is everyone.

What's wrong with people these days?
This is a thought that runs through my mind at least once a day. A few days ago, I decided I needed to make a quick run to good ol' HEB over on E.7th and Pleasant Valley. Probably not the best thing to do at 7pm on a Saturday night, but too late. As I got out of my car and went to my trunk to grab my green reusable grocery bag, a lady with 2 small children asked me if I wanted some tamales. I said, "No, thanks. I don't have any money" meaning I didn't have any cash on me. About 15 minutes later, as I am coming out of the store with my bag of groceries on my way to me car, I see the same tamale lady with her kids in a cart standing right next to my car. Like, really close. I thought maybe they were looking inside it or something? No idea. Well, she realizes that I'm walking towards my car and she quickly passes by me. I look down and see something dripping from my car, forming a small puddle of yellow creeping slowly towards my feet. I realized that she had her child pee on my car. Pee on my car?! Are you kidding me? I was polite about not wanting any tamales and I get a stream of urine on my car? It's people like these that I worry about. Her is going to grow up thinking it's ok to pee on people's cars when they say no to you. How ridiculus. I couldn't believe it. Seriously. I was shocked.

Weather
I can't believe the weather right now. It's freezing. It's been freakin' cold all day. I wouldn't mind it as much if I didn't have to walk my puppy outside to potty 10 times a day. Brr. I wish it would just go away and the sun would come back. Normally, I'm a big fan of rain and clouds, but not when it's super cold.

My Goal
I've never really had resolutions for the new year. Maybe once, I decided I wouldn't eat any sweets for a year, but I think that lasted for a day, thanks to gummi worms. I don't really like resolutions, so I came up with a goal. Most people who know me, know that I have the diet of a 5 year old. Mac and Cheese, cereal, ham and provolone cheese with-mayo-only-please sandwiches, Ritz crackers, cookies, chocolate milk, peach yogurt, pretzels, etc. You get the idea. Well, I think it's time I broaden my horizons. For instance, last night at work, I tried a bunch of Chinese food I never would have tried before. I'm comfortable with my pork fried rice, but i had like 5 other things. It was all so delicious. I also tried dried pineapple, but it wasn't great. So, I can't say I don't like something without trying it. Phew. Kind of digging myself a hole, but what the heck?

It's a new semester. New classes. Same job. New friends. New blog. New goal. I suppose I will kid close by saying, the moral of the story is...to buy tamales or else you might get peed on.

1 comment:

  1. Wait...there are two Lindsey blogs?!

    Still, I'm a fan. Keep it up Lindsey^2!

    ReplyDelete