Sunday, April 12, 2009

The Warranty Will not Suffice

It seems I have vivid memories of a time when birds were commonly used as a means for the delivery of messages. A dove flew into my open window last night. I know very little about various species of birds, but I have gathered enough to determine with relative certainty that it was in fact a dove. She must have come while I was sleeping, and was patient enough to wait for my alarm. and her arrival was all in good timing. Some messages require a bit more discretion than the general mail will allow, and certainly every person has at least one message to deliver with such care. I happen to be no exception.
So without further adieu my dearest pigeon:

There is a place in each life for Amusement.
It grows like weeds in the Parks and Playgrounds of the mind.
A casual threat to Diligence, a fleecy comrade to Foolishness.
But, none with a more felicitous progeny: the white courtyard wedding, lemonade and white lace gloves.
but when you have grown tired of considering life's side shows
Please restore my confidence: in Amusement's magnetic candor.
At the least remember, what you break, you buy.


Please make haste in your delivery darling dove, the issue is pressing.

Drawing by Ariel Pink

3 comments: